What is the average cost of renters insurance in the US today?

It is estimated that there are over 43 million households occupied by renters in the United States today. This number makes up roughly 40% of all households in America, leaving roughly 60% uninsured,  with the average cost of renters insurance at just under $200 a year. Prices do vary per state, based on location, coverage limits, and other numerous rental metrics.